26 Mar 2018

THE FED-UP COW.



THE FED-UP COW by PETA LEMON (With illustrations by MARIA DASIC TODORIC).


Hilda is fed-up with being a cow.

Spending all day doing not much but moo. 

There has to be something more she can do. 

So she decides to be a ... sheep... 

... then a pig 

... and even a chicken.

Join Hilda, the fed-up cow, on her voyage of self-discovery in this daft but timeless story, written in rhyme.
- Back cover Blurb

Hilda was FED-UP with being a cow.
- First Sentence

Some birds thought her wig would make a good nest.
And lined up to use it for somewhere to rest.
- Favourite Mo(o)ment (Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun TT)

SOURCE ... Received with thanks from the author.

READ FOR A CHALLENGE? ... No.

MY THOUGHTS ... Whilst its not unheard of, it's not usual for Mr T to comment on the books I receive for review but, on seeing The Fed-up Cow, I heard him say 'Oh! A story of existentialism and the fear of missing out. This I have to read.'

Not that I think the group to which this book is marketed (those aged three to five) will necessarily view it with this exact thought in mind BUT ...

Fabulously funny (and its not just the little ones who will think so either). The verse; simple and yet engaging, perfect for those starting out on the journey that sees them learning to read independently. The graphics; delightfully fanciful ...

they will doubtlessly view it with the same enthusiasm.

Ideal for the home or school library. I'm not a betting sort of person but if I were I'd put my money on there not being a face without a smile on it come the end of the story.


7 comments:

Kelly said...

This sounds precious. I can attest to the fact cows can be very entertaining creatures!

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
I think that Kelly is right.
And from your excellent review
this sounds like a truly funny
and lovely book. I, too would
enjoy it very much. And I loved
your first sentence and memorable
moment.
Raven

sherry fundin said...

Love the title and cover. Put a smile on my face. Sounds like a cute read.
sherry @ fundinmental

Lindsay said...

Sounds like lots of fun to read!

Brian Joseph said...

I love Mr. T’s interpretation of the book!

I also like the cover a lot.

Suko said...

Funny and fantastic review, Tracy! I may need to post a link to your review on my cow blog.

DMS said...

This sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing it with us and giving us the introduction. :)
~Jess